North Central Kansas
The North Central Kansas Experiment field, with units near Scandia and Belleville, conducts agronomic research to evaluate and develop efficient crop production systems that are profitable and environmentally sound for irrigated and rainfed crop production systems in north central Kansas. The field consists of three parcels of land with furrow-, and sprinkler-irrigation capabilities. Primary objectives of the research at the fields include:
- Evaluate corn, grain sorghum, soybean, wheat, and alfalfa hybrids/varieties for yield potential
- Develop profitable crop rotations and tillage systems
- Evaluate and develop cost-efficient and environmentally sound soil fertility programs
- Evaluate and develop cost-effective pest management programs
- Evaluate water use and irrigation efficiency
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments by filling out our website feedback form.